We are always looking for talented, innovative and motivated individuals to join our team at Trojan.
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV and contact details to email@example.com to start your Trojan journey today! If your skill set meets our requirements, we would like to meet with you.
Trojan is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Process Engineer to join our team.
To help with our continuing growth, Trojan Electronics is seeking an experienced Process Engineer, with an engineering or manufacturing background.
You will be responsible for supporting operational requirements, identifying and driving process improvements and the management of projects from concept through to completion. In addition, you will develop successful workflows, adapt to changing conditions, and develop new equipment, procedures, work instructions and policies to increase efficiency in all operations. This is a key role in our Refurbishment & Recoup business unit, and our EMS unit.
- Lead the continuous reduction of operational costs through process and product improvements.
- Designing new systems and processes for the introduction of new customers
- Own the quotation timings process, ensuring optimal operational costs for all products and services.
- Project manage new customer and new product on-boarding
- Carry out time and motion studies within operations, ensuring processes are optimised and operating in line with synthetic times.
- Publish standard times for each product process.
- Process design for optimum safety, quality, delivery, cost, reliability and repeatability; co-ordinating at quotation, on-boarding/mobilisation and ongoing operational processing
- Examining and tendering for new equipment, jigs or fixtures to optimise process performance whilst ensuring the right quality at the lowest cost.
- Identify and present optimum cost of acquisition opportunities across the core and enabling business processes (waste elimination, value creation, and continuous improvement)
- Risk assessment of operational processes
- Develop and control Trojan operations standards including training manuals
- Set, review and improve agreed performance indicators
- Monitoring customer complaints, scrap and yield trends and implement corrective actions within procedures
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Process and quality tools and techniques include: Lean, Six Sigma, 5S PFMEA, Poka Yoke, Visual Management, Kaizen
- Experience of working with cross functional teams to achieve objectives.
- Calm under pressure – must be able to troubleshoot at an advanced level. If a problem is delaying throughput, they must be able to come up with effective working solutions quickly.
- Commercial awareness – experience working within strict time and budgetary constraints.
- Excellent communication skills – working with people across the business processes, you must be able to manage people well and communicate new ideas effectively
- Critical/logical thinking – ability to locate problems, and then think of those problems from a variety of perspectives to assess the best solution.
- Creative thinking and excellent problem-solving skills – have to be able to solve problems in a new way, seeing past what is established and create a new way of doing things.
- Effective at leading change and continuous improvement.
- Analytical skills – ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Data driven individual of a proactive nature.
- Understanding of financial data
Essential behaviours and attitude:
- Open and honest
- Problem solver
- Decision maker
- Results orientated
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, and for more information, please contact us via email at Careers@trojanemail.co.uk or give us a call on: 01792 469020 and speak to Jennifer Richards our HR Manager.